The GDA has been run a series of workshops on GDA Disability Legislation workshops 2016.
The above 23 minute video supports these workshops. It is a video of Rob Platts, GDA founder and Equality Adviser being interviewed and outlines:
- What is Disability Discrimination Legislation?
- Why do we need Disability Discrimination Legislation?
- What is covered by the legislation?
- How will the legislation deal with discrimination and what offences are likely to be included?
- What are the offences?
- Who will be protected?
- Will any conditions be automatically excluded?
- What are “Reasonable Adjustments”?
- Who will provide help and advice?
- What is the involvement of courts and tribunals?
- How long will everyone have to prepare for the legislation?
- What is the objective defence of indirect discrimination?