Purple Tuesday in Guernsey
In Guernsey we have celebrated Purple Tuesday since its first year, 2018. Partnering with Purple Tuesday UK, Chamber of Commerce and Digital Greenhouse with a variety of other organisations depending on the topic for the year.
This year we are focused on providing a drop in for people to find out more about the Customer Experience and accessibility following the approval of the Discrimination Legislation (Sept 2022) which will go live October 2023.
Tuesday 1st November 12-2pm join us for lunch at the Chamber of Commerce with a number of partners:
- Guernsey Employment Trust (GET) – support disabled people prepare for, find and maintain work. They also offer the Disability Charter and Employment guide. GET are one of the training providers for the consortium.
- The Consortium – Discrimination Legislation training partners, session 5 of their training is focused on Reasonable Adjustment and Accessibility
- Digital Greenhouse and Submarine – Digital Accessibility partners
- Access for All – physical access as well as the CAE accredited access course partners (next course 9th November)
- States of Guernsey – The States Disability Officer (Gill Evans) and Kitty will focus on Communication Access UK – Inclusive communication for all (communication-access.co.uk)
- Guernsey Disability Alliance (GDA) – answer or signpost questions on the new Discrimination Legislation, Reasonable Adjustments and accessibility
Guernsey Purple Tuesday co-ordinator – Karen Blanchford
Join Purple Tuesday UK for free resources, training and news.