By Mike Read, GDA Health Representative
Last week CareWatch launched a wide-ranging survey seeking the views of islanders in accessing Primary Care services, which can be completed online. This survey is open until the end of March.
The results will be used to inform an ongoing review by the States of Guernsey of the funding and model of Primary Care. This work commenced last year with proposals due to be presented to the States’ Assembly this Autumn.
This is a great opportunity for the community to feed in their experiences of Primary Care services.
- Do we get good value for money?
- Are there ways of reducing the cost or providing the services differently?
- Are services equally accessible to all?
- What barriers do you face in accessing services?
- What role could health insurance and social prescribing play in the future?
All areas that you have an opportunity to express some views on.