The general aims of this second session include inviting participants to consider and explore concepts commonly employed within legislation aiming to prevent and remedy discrimination.
After a brief recap of the principles covered in the first session, participants will discuss and gain a basic appreciation of principles likely to be included within Guernsey’s legislation. This basic understanding will include some of the most recent guidance offered by the Committee for the Convention on the Rights of persons with Disabilities.
Examples of topics to be covered include:
- The possible scope of the legislation:
- Who should be protected
- The fields of operation
- Possible other grounds
- Defining disability (including recent UN guidance)
- Forms of discrimination to be prohibited
- Preventative measures which might be included
- The stages involved in progressing the legislation
The slides and video of this workshop will be available on our new blog shortly