Today, 26th May 2017 Jersey has launched its Disability Strategy. We will comment further on this in our meeting 6th June but for now please check out our blog, Facebook and Twitter. We will also comment on ITV news tonight. Any queries please contact Karen
The strategy has been developed in partnership between government, voluntary and community organisations, and the business community.
- It sets out five key priorities for people with disabilities to:
- Have support to communicate and access information;
- Have greater access to the Island;
- Have good health and wellbeing;
- Have access to education, employment and enriching activities;
- Have equal rights and experience equality.