October 15, 2015
The GDA was represented at a number of conferences in the last few weeks. Attached are links to a number of resources which Jersey Employment Trust (JET) Able to Work conference with MIND
Managing Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace
- MIND UK, Emma Mamo – managing mental health at work slides
- To see some of the footage from Clarke Carlisle’s media interview the link is – http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2015-10-09/watch-extraordinary-story-of-footballer-who-tried-to-take-his-own-life/
- If you would like further information on the fantastic work carried out by MIND http://www.mind.org.uk/?gclid=CM-a3Kv4wcgCFQblwgodr4kFpg
- Beth Moore personal story video https://vimeo.com/103995679
- Top Ten Tips for Promoting a Healthy Workplace – Ten Top Tips
Guernsey MIND Change for the Good conference
A great line up of Inspirational speakers, both locally and public figures, encouraging an open dialogue on mental health. Former Welsh Rugby international Gareth Thomas has made no secret of his struggles with depression and poor mental health and spoke at the conference, to the Guernsey Press and on ITV (see here).
HSSD Breaking Down the Barriers conference
Judith Robertson – Programme director at ‘See Me Scotland’ explained a new initiative which aims to tackle stigma and anti-discrimination See Me Scotland
Dandelion Project THRIVE conference
To follow. We will post the information here and on Facebook.